Thursday, January 5

A pleasant surprise

I tried to cancel my date because I had a persistent case of laryngitis and Latin Lawyer said he'd lean close to here my whispers. I mean, with an offer like that, how could I refuse!?
 
He ended up being such a pleasant surprise. I mean, I never went into it thinking he wasn't a complete winner--I did. From his profile and our emails, it was clear he was smart and charming. But, in person, he's also sweet and polite and idealistic in a way that kind of melted me. And he smelled wonderful. I'm such a sucker for a man who smells nice.
 
We met at a bar, shared a huge plate of nachos, and got to know each other over a few drinks. Then he suggested we hop in his car, so he could drive us to the movie theater nearby. It was one of those eat while you watch campy movies places, and we had such a good time! During the previews, we took turns ribbing each other saying, "Oh we should totally see that!" And the movie was hysterical. Afterwards, he drove me back to my car.
 
Throughout the night, I detected a few "he's interested" vibes. Mainly, he touched my arm every so often. The way his body leaned into mine. Also, I caught him looking down my shirt when he thought I wasn't looking. Ha!
 
Right before I got out of his car, I don't know if it was too much wine or the fact that he surpassed my expectations but I went for it and leaned in for a kiss. And it felt so nice and he was so receptive, I went in for another one. We made tentative plans to get together again next week, and I hope he doesn't flake because I really like him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment