Thursday, December 22

3 dates, 2 days-1 more on the way

I've been a very, very busy girl.  

I uploaded new (see? I'm not fat anymore) pics onto my OkC profile and my inbox have been bursting at the seams. Also, I've been more proactive about actually giving the smart (and hot) ones high ratings so they can decide if they want to write me or not. A few do, most don't.  

Saturday at 11a, I had a date with The Professor. Very nice guy but not my type. Short and shaves his head. Every time I test my ‘So what if he’s not tall and hot? He’s smart and funny’ mentality, I get completely and utterly shamed so I’m just going to go with what I like. I mean, I'm kind of shallow. I can deal with that. We got along really well, though, so we might get together again for dinner where I'll more than likely give him the "let's just be friends" line. I hate doing that. 

Using OkC's new app feature called "Local" where your location is tracked via your phone's GPS, you can ping or get pinged by people near you with the idea that two people who are in close proximity could be spontaneous and meet up for coffee or a walk or whatever (no, not for sex--well, at least, not for me). I pinged someone I had noticed before, but had no hopes the thing would work, so I continued getting ready and proceeded with my night. Well, guess what? At the party, he pinged me back and we exchanged a few texts and made plans to meet after the Christmas party. Of course, I was dressed to the nines. I mean, black lace dress with peekaboo bustier (The Girls were oozing all over the place) and sky-high stilettos. Music Student gave me the address to an art cafe/bar about 10 minutes away so we met up at midnight, he bought me a drink, and we proceeded to hang out till the bartender turned off all the lights. Very sweet, very gentle. Not sure how long it'll last till that bores me, but so far there are tentative plans for another date. 

Sunday evening after work, I met Hot Frat Boy at a dive bar. I gave him high marks for sarcasm, for smelling very nice, for being fit, for being cute. (<--See, how I put that last?) Oh, he also bought us 3 rounds of drinks which was sweet. Great conversation and I thought we really connected. But, something irked at me and I had a hard time placing it till it dawned on me that he might NOT be into me as much as I was into him. Once I latched onto this idea, I started looking for little tells and I think I found a few of them. Too bad, I really liked him. 

Tomorrow night, Friday, I have a tentative date with Special Forces (so named because he retired from the Special Forces). I know, his nickname isn't particularly clever but what can you do? He's too interesting to tack on this long-overdue post so he gets the next one all to himself. OMG, wait till you hear about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment