Saturday, December 24

Special Forces

So, I can't go on and on about SF. Know why? Because after 50 emails, and him asking me what days I was available and me telling him Friday evening or Monday evening, after him picking jumping on Friday night and then offering to pick me up even though he lives an hour away but it's Christmas so he'd more than likely spend 3 hours if not longer on the road, of further emails and texts of trying to iron out our plans for Friday, after I went through the trouble of researching where to have dinner, and then where to go after dinner (and was quite proud of myself for what I found), and trying to figure out what I was going to wear and then hitting Marshalls and buying a pretty little cardigan to go over my too-springy green floral dress because it had cap sleeves and it's the dead of winter, after getting my nails done (the second time I've EVER had a manicure in my life) and my face waxed, he "postpones" our date at the last second via text with a slew of excuses and a half-hearted "I'll call you tomorrow. Sorry." It's now past 8p and no call. Figures.

But, I'm nothing if not resilient. Not sure if this is a gift or a curse. I got proactive this morning and set up a date with Hot Fat Boy for tonight when I get off work. Turns out, my genius ability to read body language was faulty. He texted me a few days after our first date to ask how I was doing and then asked when we could meet again. Yay! After work tonight, we're meeting for crepes and drink. I loved his little smirk on our first date. I hope to see more of it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment