Saturday, December 31

Too much, too soon

I think it was a case of too much, too soon with Hot Frat Boy.

A work snafu on Christmas led me to call him from the office around 9p, asking if he could pick me up instead of me driving over. A little domestic for 2 people who barely knew each other, I concede. But, he did and seemed relatively pleasant about it, and brought me back to his place, where we pieced together a rustic gratin, put it in the oven, and then settled in, and watched a few movies while it was baking.

Unfortunately, our vibe was off. He wasn't snuggly like he was the night before, our conversation was awkward and stilted, and when we finally hit the sack, "it" was pretty quick and basic. Blech.

Things didn't improve in the morning, either. He made coffee and we shared some of his grandma's coffee cake, which was nice of him to make/plate up, but I could not wait to get the hell out of Dodge. Since then, no word. But I'm okay with that. Contrary to his name, he's not a bonehead. He's a counselor at the university so he deals with peoples' problems all day long. Couple that with grad classes and managing the building where he lives and he's a busy guy. A busy guy...with walls. Lots and lots of them. Truthfully, I'm too old and too tired to care an iota about breaking any of them down. Life's too short.

In other news:

The Professor keeps emailing me even though I haven't really reached out since our late a few weeks ago. Figures. The ones you don't like are the ones who put forth the most effort.

Music Teacher (he teaches the cello) and I have our 2nd date on Sunday. As for what kind of date it is, he's coming over to my place at 10p and we're planning on sharing a bottle of wine. What can I say, when it rain, it pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment